Many users are experiencing an issue with Mass Effect Andromeda where the screen is black at launch, but you can hear the music from the game. We’ve found a workaround for this in the launch settings of the game. To stream games using Parsec, we recommend users running their games in borderless windowed mode. It happens to be somewhat difficult to force ME:A into this mode at launch, and it actually fixes the black screen at launch. To fix this issue, we’re going to force the game to launch in windowed mode. From there, we can change to borderless windowed mode within the game once we get into the game.
Here are the steps we took to fix the issue:
- C:Users(user profile)DocumentsBioWareMass Effect AndromedaSave and open ProfOps_Profile.
- In this file, search for GstRender.FullscreenMode
- Change the value following this setting from 1 to 0
- Launch the game — voila black screen gone 🙂
- If you want to then run the game in borderless windowed mode, visit the game video settings and change to borderless windowed and stretch it to fit your screen.